How to make (Nicki’s) Finger Lickin’ Spicy Barbecue Chicken
Serves: 1 ha ha ha ha ha ha! I wish!
Oh alright… I SUPPOSE 12 drummers will feed up to 6 people if you’re catering for 2 per person, but you might consider 3 if your friends are piggies like us! 😉
Cooking Time: 40 minutes (maybe a little longer on the barbecue)
- Pack of 12 chicken drumsticks, skin on. (Can also be used with thighs)
- Olive, vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- Fire up the barbecue OR pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Grab 2 plates
- Unpack your drummers onto one plate and on the other, roughly mix together the Five Spice and pepper
This is where it gets messy!
- Pour some oil into your hands and rub each drumstick until coated, then rub the chicken with the Five Spice and pepper rub
- Coat really well
- Whack your drummers on the barbecue* or pop ’em in an oven-proof dish and slam in the centre of your pre-heated oven for around 40 minutes, or until they’re well cooked. If you don’t like them crispy, set the timer for 30-35 minutes, but do check to make sure the juices run clear to ensure the chook is cooked!
- Serve immediately