It’s a really quick one from me this week, as I’m about to shoot off to London on business.
My other hat and I are spending the weekend with three immensely inspirational women and helping out on the launch of the #Unsmalltalk project at the Mind, Body and Soul Experience. If you happen to be in the vicinity of Alexandra Palace, why not pop in and see us? We’ll be on Stand 36.
Yay! I hear you cry. Sick of her waffling…
So what do I have for you? Only this year’s Halloween Wreath.
I say “this year’s”, like it’s a regular thing.
It’s true, wreaths have kinda become a regular feature here at OneandSeventy, but this is the first one I’ve made for Halloween.
I’m rather pleased with the way it turned out and like the wreath I made for autumn, it was pretty much cobbled together with no real plan and from stuff I already had to hand.
I hope you like it!
- Polystyrene Wreath – Hobbycraft
- Skeleton – last year’s Halloween decorations
- Silk flowers: Black Chrysanthemums – Wilko | Red Roses – The Range
- Black and white present bow – Clintons
- Black velvet – leftover fabric from that charity shop top, also used here and here
- Black netting – Market haberdashery
- Black lace – an old lace collar that’s been in my stash for about 150 years. I just KNEW it’d come in handy one day!
Make your own
Halloween Skeleton Wreath
First, cover your wreath with black material (I used velvet), then go over it again with black netting.
Make a loop or wrap a piece of ribbon to create something to hang your wreath from.
Glue on your flowers, lace, skeleton, and any other embellishments.
The hardest part is deciding on your design and knowing when to stop.
Yep. Not going OTT is definitely the hardest part!
What do you think? As always, I’d love to hear from you, so drop a comment below to let me know, or pop on over to Facebook for a chat.
A hui hou,